Winter is officially here and we have tips on how to keep your skin nourished and protected throughout “dry skin season”.
Your diet is the biggest part of your skin care routine! What you choose to put in your body is directly reflected by what shows up on your skin, so ensure that you’re nourishing your body with healthy, vibrant whole foods that are full of life and vitality.
- Vitamin D is your friend! Ensure that you’re exposing yourself to 15-20 mins of sun exposure per day. Shoveling, scraping your windows, tobogganing, snow-shoeing, cross-country skiing or hitting the beaches in Mexico are all great ways to ensure that you have adequate vitamin D levels! Did you know that mushrooms are among the short list of foods that contains vitamin D!? As a Holistic Nutritionist, I recommend that us Winnipeggers supplement with vitamin D!
- Omega 3 fatty acids found in coconut oil, nuts, seeds, eggs, grass-fed butter, extra virgin olive oil and avocado help the body fight inflammation and help to maintain skin’s elasticity! Ensure that each meal and snack contains a healthy fat.
- Antioxidants, vitamins A, C and E are important to fight off free radicals; unstable molecules that cause damage and wrinkles. Sources include carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, greens, oranges, nuts, seeds, olives.
- Zinc. Acne is often a sign of zinc deficiency, have your levels checked and ensure that you’re consuming quality sources of zinc from pumpkin seeds, ginger, oats and legumes.
- Chocolate! If you’re like me, this is the best news you’ll hear all week. Polyphenol antioxidants, (also found in green tea and red wine) found in cacao protect our cells and keep us looking and feeling younger!
- Collagen is a structural protein needed for regeneration and elasticity. As we age, the production of collagen decreases. Collagen can be found in animal sources of protein. Stay tuned for our next post on collagen rich bone broth!
- Water. It’s cold, and the last thing we want to think about is drinking a glass of ice cold water but staying hydrated is one of the most fundamental things you can do for your body and skin!
Green your beauty routine! As your body’s largest organ, what you choose to use ON your skin is just as important as what you choose to put IN your body. Your skin absorbs 60-70% of what you expose it to, eventually making it’s way from your blood stream to your organs and could result in hormone imbalances, allergies and sensitivities. Switching to natural skin care is not only better for your skin’s surface it also has a huge impact on your overall health, lessening your toxic load.
Tip: instead of replacing all your products at once, once your current products are finished, replace them one-by-one with a natural alternative.
We choose to use Go Natural Beauty’s line of skin care products because we love supporting local, they’re honest and they only use simple, natural ingredients. Goat milk is excellent for all skin types, eczema, acne, and dry skin. Goat milk soap moisturizes every time you use it. Goat’s milk has the same Ph balance as human skin so it does not dry skin out. Goat’s milk is also full of vitamins and essential nutrients as well as natural antibacterial properties.
- Honey Oatmeal Goat Milk Soap: This honey oatmeal soap has an added ingredient of raw honey from our honeybees and ground oatmeal. The honey offers many health benefits while the oatmeal gently exfoliate. This is a non-scented soap perfect for people with skin sensitivities.
- Cinnamon Goat Milk Soap: Cinnamon is excellent for circulation as well as reducing inflammation. It is an anti-microbial. It also helps to soothe insect bites. This has spicy low notes with a hint of woodsy under tone.
- Lavender Goat Milk Soap: This soap feels as if you are standing in a lavender field. With the soft relaxing scent of lavender. Strong anti-inflammatory and a long list of health benefits, this is one of Go Natural Beauty’s top picks.
- Lip Balm: Made with fresh raw beeswax and honey, sweet almond oil, vitamin E, aloe vera, and a little flavoured oil to enhance the senses. This lip balm will leave your lips feeling soft and silky, not waxy. The beeswax and oils get absorbed quickly, hydrating your lips and protecting from the elements.
- Brown Sugar Body Scrub: This scrub will delight your senses and exfoliate your skin while leaving it silky smooth. This will be your new favorite indulgence. Farmers Profile: Go Natural Beauty
Our family runs a goat farm located in Manitoba. We have lots of kids. We provide a foster home for special needs children and included goats a few years ago for pet therapy. We had no idea how amazing these animals were and how incredible their milk was. We were so excited by the high quality soap products we were able to make that we had to share them with others. With the money we earn we can provide more services for our children and for that we thank-you.
No chemicals or preservatives are used in ANY of our products. All of our products are made with care and attention to detail. All products are made from farm fresh goat’s milk, honey and natural sustainable oils. Our products are all handcrafted and inspected to meet the highest quality standards. Goat’s milk is a natural moisturizer and will nourish your skin without irritation. A must for any skin type.
We are so thankful for the richness of their milk and the joy they bring to our lives. We would love for you to experience the beauty of our goat milk soap products, we are so proud of the quality of our soaps and bath products and are confident you will enjoy them as much as we do.